Another crazy week has blown by here in MA- literally. Last Sunday, the high temperature for the day was 54 degrees with 1.5 inches of rain. It melted off a huge amount of snow and left the kids with sad faces. By Thursday night, an arctic front moved in. With a daily high of 19 degrees and sustained winds between 25-35mph, we have been freezing! Friday night Brayden participated in the Scouting Klondike Derby. They have been building their sled and prepping for the event for the past month. (I even donated my ski's to the cause- which was VERY hard to do, since my brother had given them to me for Christmas my Junior year in high school- size 220 Red Pre's. I thought I was awesome on those baby's! Sorry Trav) When we dropped him off at the church, it was 7 degrees with wind chills nearing -10! I could not believe I was sending my boy out into those temperatures! He survived the event without any harm- I'm thankful to his scouting leaders who braved the cold to give him this character building experience.
This week Bekah's Strings class at school recorded a Podcast. Please take a minute to listen to it HERE then please fill out the form and let the class know you heard them. This is a great program and Bekah is always excited to add a pin to the "We Have Been Heard Here" map. (You only get to add pins when someone fills out the form online and says they know you) In the podcast, it is Bekah who says, "Please remember to click the link to tell us where you are" and she is the one cello!
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
They sound awesome! My little sister plays the cello. I was always jealous that she got strings lessons-- because when I was little my parents couldn't afford it. I am grateful for my piano lessons though.
I can't believe how cold it is there! I forget that it's wintertime in other parts of the states because it's sunny here in California.
Oh! I want snow! And I want skis! I love to ski! They sound great! Good job! I will go and fill out the form!
It is nice to hear from your family again. I will wholeheartedly support you in your goal to write once a week! Loved the podcast and DID leave my name and location. Hope you survive the cold up there!
Tynel-
I need your help. Would you read this post and consider linking it on your blog? If you don't feel completely comfortable, I totally understand . Thanks!
Nikki
Post a Comment